October is soon upon us, so I thought I would get in the spirit and start doing Halloween tutorials earlier this year. I kicked off the season with my Alice Madness Returns make-up tutorial, which I thought would be a diverse look for Halloween, since it can be both wearable and creepy. I’ve produced a lot of vampy and editorial Halloween looks in the past, so I thought I would stir things up and do something a little more grotesque this time around.
For this particular tutorial I decided to create a more simple, yet realistic zombie. This look could be used for a number of things like a newly dead zombie, an infected virus look or even a malicious ghost or dead bride. I tried to make it as simple as possible without the use of latex appliances, so that it could easily transcend the zombie category and be used for a number of different costumes.My overall intention with this look was to create something that would be suitable for a zombie walk or Halloween party, as opposed to the more time consuming zombie make up tutorial I posted last year.
Any of the products I’ve used in this tutorial, can be easily swapped out for drug store brands or most Halloween make-up that is found in your local Halloween party and costume outlets. As long as you stick to the basic color scheme I’ve provided, there are really no restrictions as to what you can do. For some finishing touches, add a pair of contacts, DIY tooth rot and a bit of conditioner slicked through your hair for a grungy, lived in look.
- Neostrata Hydra-Infusion Moisture Cream
- Lancome Renergie Lift Foundation in Porcelaine 10 (NC)
- OCC Skin Conceal in Ro
- Cinema Secrets 5- in-1 Ultimate Foundation Pallette #1
- Illamasqua Cream Foundation in 100
- Makeup Forever Flash Palette – Red (Nose and Mouth)
- MAC Cherry Lip Pencil
- MAC Auburn Lip Pencil
- Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Daemon (red)
- Makeup Designory Eyeshadow in Sienna (warm brown)
- Smashbox Wish for the Perfect Palette – Grey and purple eye shadow
- Elizabeth Arden Cream Blush in 4 Plum
- MAC Eyeshadow in Shadowy Lady (Dark purple)
- Lancome Renergie Lift in Porcelaine 10 (NC)
- Ben Nye Death Wheel – Burgundy purple cream base
- OCC Skin Conceal in R0 – (Stippled over the lips after creases were drawn in)